We appreciate the opportunity to give local residents an outlet to get fresh air and exercise in a safe environment.
We pride ourselves in providing somewhere for our guests and employees to enjoy the game of golf, and we have opened with some very important changes designed to limit contact, transactions, and touch points to ensure everyone's safety.
Please review these Frequently Asked Questions before calling the course.
Are you walking or riding?
Golfers may walk or share a cart. Starting on January 1st, single rider carts are available for $5 for 9 holes and $10 for 18 holes. There is a very limited number of pull carts available for rental. Both pull and power carts undergo disinfecting after each use.
Can I walk up and play?
We ask that all tee times be booked ahead of time. If you don’t have a tee time booked, you may not be allowed to play. We cannot have groups of people waiting for walk up play to be available.
How can I book a tee time?
- The easiest on our staff is to book in our online booking engine or through our mobile app.
- You may also call the golf shop at 859.371.3200 x3 to book your tee time.
If for any reason you cannot make your tee time, and you booked it through our website, please log in to the online booking engine to cancel and receive a refund. If you booked directly on GolfNow you will need to cancel on their website. If those options are not possible, or you run into an issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, date and time of your reservation.
What has been done to limit grouping and touch points?
- The Golf Shop is limited to 4 guests inside at a time. Please follow all posted signage and markings on the floors.
- Help us reduce transactions and clubhouse traffic by purchasing the merchandise for your round in our online store ahead of time. Select Self Pickup on checkout, put in the date and time of your round as the time of pickup and we will have it ready for you.
- The golf courses have been set up to limit touch points by removing; port-a-johns, bunker rakes, sand bottles, water coolers, ball washers, etc. The cups have been set up to stop the balls from going entirely into the hole for touchless retrieval.
What should I know when I go play?
Please arrive only 15-20 minutes early to avoid creating any large groups. Once at the course you may go to the starter to verify pre-payment (if you paid ahead of time) and check in. You may need to go into the clubhouse to purchase any food, drinks or merchandise, but the Golf Shop is limited to just 4 people at a time.
Please check your temperature before leaving your house and stay home if you are sick. Social Distancing is practiced in all areas of our facility and should be practiced on the golf course as well. Do not share clubs and golf equipment with your playing partners or congregate with them in the parking lot before or after your round.
Are the driving range and putting green open?
The driving range remains open with all stalls set at least 6 feet apart. Range baskets may be purchased in the Golf Shop and are to be left at the stall when finished for staff to come collect for disinfecting. Please keep 6 feet of space from anyone on the putting green.
Are the restrooms open?
The clubhouse restrooms are open. All port-a-johns have been removed from the course.
What about outings and banquets?
All events will be in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines. Outdoor seating and gathering space is available on our patio for groups of up to 72 players in a socially distanced environment. Food and beverage service id provided in close proximity. The patio provides great views of the golf course and driving range, and a big screen TV to watch sports while players eat, drink and figure out the results from their day on the course!
Thank you for helping us to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment.
The Team at Kenton County Golf Courses